- Fixed installer window not being properly centered on Windows when running in Qt mode and using large left side images
- Improved "Abort, Retry, Ignore" dialog to properly translate its buttons
- Removed extra debug messages printed on Windows
- Updated documentation
Get the latest news, release information and tips and tricks for VMware InstallBuilder, the powerful, easy-to-use crossplatform installation tool.
InstallBuilder 9.5.3 Released.
We recently released version 9.5.3 of BitRock InstallBuilder. The new release features the following improvements:
Posted by Anonymous at 11:44 AM No comments:
InstallBuilder 9.5.2 Released.
We recently released version 9.5.2 of BitRock InstallBuilder. The new release features the following improvements:
- Added TLS v1.1 and v1.2 support
- Improved performance of GUI mode when unpacking large amount of small files
- Added Major and Minor version to Windows ARP Menu information
- Fixed <showPasswordQuestion> dialog failing on some environments
- Improved CPU detection
Posted by Anonymous at 11:42 AM No comments:
InstallBuilder 9.5.1 Released.
We recently released version 9.5.1 of BitRock InstallBuilder. The new release features the following improvements:
- Enabled TLSv1 support in HTTPS actions
- Improved builder tool look and feel on Windows when using HiDPI configurations
- New <getFileInfo> action
- Improved multiline-text wrapping on 'win32' and 'osx' modes
- Improved <addDirectoryToPath> to fallback to 'user' scope on Windows in case of error
- Improved <rpmSpecFileTemplate> setting to support variables
- Fixed OS X installer generation failing on some environments because of permission denied errors
- Fixed 'installer_command_line_arguments' built-in variable not properly calculated on some Windows environments
- Fixed 'osxsigner' tool not properly signing installers with <requireInstallationByRootUser> enabled
- Fixed RPM installers not properly cleaned up after uninstallation
Posted by Anonymous at 11:36 AM No comments:
InstallBuilder 9.5.0 Released.
We recently released version 9.5.0 of BitRock InstallBuilder. The new release features the following improvements:
- Added support for OS X codesign v2
- Allow generating installers larger than 2GB on Windows, Linux and OS X
- Make XML Editor popups ask for confirmation when closed with unsaved changes
- Allow configuring the LZMA-Ultra compressor block size through the <lzmaUltraBlockSize> setting
- New <resourceLimitTest> rule to allow checking for resource limits on Unix systems
- Fixed ampersand not properly shown in the final page using Qt mode on Windows
- Allow Java launchers to be built at build time
- Improved how the "Fonts" directory location is calculated on Windows
- Added <disallowStartIfOnBatteries> and <executionTimeLimit> to <addScheduledTask> action
- Improved <windowsServiceTest> to also detect "Stop Pending" status as running.
- Added <enableFallbackTempDirectory> to allow providing a fallback temporary directory
- Dropped OS X 10.2 support
- Fixed XML Editor popup not providing details in its error when providing incorrect code
- Fixed <labelParameter> not properly wrapping its text in GTK mode
- Fixed "Add Shortcut" Builder dialog throwing an error when closing the popup
- Fixed LZMA-Ultra compression not properly detecting duplicated files when packing in some environments
- Fixed InstallBuilder installer and AutoUpdate not including PPC runtimes
Posted by Anonymous at 11:18 AM No comments:
InstallBuilder 9.0.2 Released.
We recently released version 9.0.2 of BitRock InstallBuilder. The new release features the following improvements:
- Improved Gtk mode to properly run in systems without the recently deprecated Pangox library
- Improved Java detection on Unix
- Improved German translation
- Fixed CDROM build mode not properly working when using the the GUI builder
- Allow customizing CFBundleIdentifier OS X setting in the AutoUpdate and Java launchers
- Fixed error when displaying some combinations of multiline text labels in qt mode
- Fixed error when providing incorrect values for the <width> project setting
- Fixed language selection dialog not being focused on OS X when running in Qt mode
- Fixed Java Launcher creation failing in some environments when using downloadable components
- Fixed AutoUpdate build when disabling osx-ppc runtime inclusion
- Fixed Builder Preferences menu failing because of denied permissions in some Windows environments
- Fixed RPM installation hanging on Alt linux
Posted by Anonymous at 11:15 AM No comments:
InstallBuilder 9.0.1 Released.
We recently released version 9.0.1 of BitRock InstallBuilder. The new release features the following improvements:
- Fixed Windows single-platform licenses not being properly validated by the Builder
- Fixed Builder "Recent Projects" menu entry not listing results on Windows
- Fixed <showStringQuestion> and <showPasswordQuestion> not properly working on osx mode
- Fixed <type> tag of <getWindowsFileVersionInfo> actions not properly handling the "codepage" type
- Properly handle 301/302 redirects for URLs containing ports in <httpGet> and <httpPost> actions
Posted by Anonymous at 11:11 AM No comments:
Introducing InstallBuilder 9 for multiplatform installer development!
We are very excited to announce the release of InstallBuilder 9! The latest release represents a major step forward for organizations that want a simple way to deliver an exceptional installation user experience across all major platforms. More than eight months in the making, InstallBuilder 9 adds a number of new important features, such as:
- Significant speed increase and reduced memory consumption. Your customers will experience 25% faster installation times and 20% reduction in installer size on average.
- Floating user support so multiple devs can work in InstallBuilder
- Support for the latest OS versions including Windows 8, OS X 10.9 and the latest versions of Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise and Solaris.
- Retina display support in Qt mode that greatly improves the experience of end users running on OS X by making use of the high pixel density of these increasingly popular screens.
- HTML license support, a feature previously only available for Qt developers, is now available for all InstallBuilder users. InstallBuilder 9 provides licenses in both plain text and HTML format on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (32 and 64-bit).
- New YAML actions, <yamlFileSet> and <yamlFileGet> to update and query information stored in YAML files for convenient packaging and configuration.
Hundreds of customers, from tech companies like Evernote and Splunk to large multinational corporations such as GE and Huawei, depend on InstallBuilder to package and distribute their products globally.
Current, active license holders are encouraged to download the latest version free of charge.
Go on, give InstallBuilder 9 a try. It's available as a free, fully-functional 30-day evaluation download. See for yourself how easy it is to create powerful, multi-platform installers for your application. There are three types of commercial licenses for InstallBuilder depending on the numbers of platforms that you need to support – Enterprise, Professional, and Single Platform – as well as a free version for qualified open source projects. After trying InstallBuilder, we think you'll agree it's the fastest way to create user-friendly installers.
Posted by Anonymous at 9:18 AM No comments:
Labels: installbuilder 9, installer, linux, multiplatform, OS X, qt, Windows
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)