- Fixed Windows single-platform licenses not being properly validated by the Builder
- Fixed Builder "Recent Projects" menu entry not listing results on Windows
- Fixed <showStringQuestion> and <showPasswordQuestion> not properly working on osx mode
- Fixed <type> tag of <getWindowsFileVersionInfo> actions not properly handling the "codepage" type
- Properly handle 301/302 redirects for URLs containing ports in <httpGet> and <httpPost> actions
We recently released version 9.0.1 of BitRock InstallBuilder. The new release features the following improvements:
Posted by Anonymous at 11:11 AM
We are very excited to announce the release of InstallBuilder 9! The latest release represents a major step forward for organizations that want a simple way to deliver an exceptional installation user experience across all major platforms. More than eight months in the making, InstallBuilder 9 adds a number of new important features, such as:
- Significant speed increase and reduced memory consumption. Your customers will experience 25% faster installation times and 20% reduction in installer size on average.
- Floating user support so multiple devs can work in InstallBuilder
- Support for the latest OS versions including Windows 8, OS X 10.9 and the latest versions of Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise and Solaris.
- Retina display support in Qt mode that greatly improves the experience of end users running on OS X by making use of the high pixel density of these increasingly popular screens.
- HTML license support, a feature previously only available for Qt developers, is now available for all InstallBuilder users. InstallBuilder 9 provides licenses in both plain text and HTML format on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (32 and 64-bit).
- New YAML actions, <yamlFileSet> and <yamlFileGet> to update and query information stored in YAML files for convenient packaging and configuration.
Hundreds of customers, from tech companies like Evernote and Splunk to large multinational corporations such as GE and Huawei, depend on InstallBuilder to package and distribute their products globally.
Current, active license holders are encouraged to download the latest version free of charge.
Go on, give InstallBuilder 9 a try. It's available as a free, fully-functional 30-day evaluation download. See for yourself how easy it is to create powerful, multi-platform installers for your application. There are three types of commercial licenses for InstallBuilder depending on the numbers of platforms that you need to support – Enterprise, Professional, and Single Platform – as well as a free version for qualified open source projects. After trying InstallBuilder, we think you'll agree it's the fastest way to create user-friendly installers.